Monday, April 27, 2009

Turkey Meatloaf

Yeah... it's been a while. What can I say, I'd rather be outside in the sun! Or, in today's case- the storm! :)
After going to Port O'Connor with some cousins, I decided it was necessary for me to STOP eating: a. so much food. b. the fatty foods.. and c. whenever I wanted. So, in an attempt at this new and healthy life style, I decided to research the words of Eating for Life. It's a life long plan for eating healthy and a cookbook. I love it so far... (all of two weeks) and actually use the cookbook for healthy recipes. I've had my share of baked chicken and chicken Parmesan, so I wanted to do something different. I'm not entirely sure that I even LIKE meatloaf. I think what attracted me to this recipe were these key words " Serves 6, good left over"... JACKPOT!!!, I thought. I loved the idea of cooking once and having a meal for the rest of the week. Those of you out there may turn your nose up at eating the same thing every night... but I feel like I'm always on the run. It's easier to just warm something up most of the time. So, I found a recipe for Turkey Meatloaf. You used ground turkey and hot sauce among a few other ingredients. I was gagging just stirring it all together. Ground turkey doesn't seem natural to me. I would never admit to my dad that I substituted it for beef... so keep quiet. Anyway, I made the turkey-loaf and it stunk up my house with an oniony-ketchup smell. I tried to eat some and I am not going to lie... it was difficult. I'm hoping that it's an acquired taste.. like coffee, wine and cottage cheese.. we'll see how it goes!
Losing weight and being healthy isn't my favorite thing. I miss fried squash. :(

No comments: