Tuesday, March 3, 2009
The Big Bad Wolf
"Dear Ms. Waggoner,
Good Luck. I hope everybody in yur klas pasis Taks so you do not git fired!" Love, Kindergarten
Today, during and after the test I saw:
* A little girl finding a sticky note and turning it into an origami basket of some kind. Perfectly content.
* A little boy with 15 Kleenexes covering his watery eye.
* A little cheerleader inspecting split ends.
* An OCD boy checking and rechecking and rechecking his work. Not a mark out of place for that one.
* A very cute boy sneezing loudly and drawn out, "A-HUH-HA-HUH-HA-HUM!!!!!!!!!"
* A sleeping boy with a near waking snort. I poked him in the arm for a few minutes without success in waking him.
* A drama queen playing with the tie on her shirt. A bow. A bandit. A bird. A ribbon. ADD.
* An innocent sitting perfectly still and quiet.
* A wild one silently twisting in a little blanket and then flopping out of his chair and onto the floor bringing both the chair and desk with him. Then standing, giving me a look of regret and shock.
* Giggles from those around him, including me.
* A significantly quirky one taking his shoes on and off. On and off. On and off.
* A sweet one smiling through glasses and missing teeth.
* An annoyed one sighing impatiently. *Sigh*
* A bored child half hidden by her sweatshirt hood, batman style.
* A clever boy making eyes at the others. I make them back.
My precious children. Nerds, every last one of them. I'm glad that test is over. :)