Sunday, March 8, 2009

A Real Woman of Genius

Melodye came into town bringing with her fun and excitement that bubbled into hours of laughter (lasting way into the night).  Because of this, I was up quite late and slept soundly.  I woke up at 8 or so and had a bowl of cereal. I marveled at the splendor of a morning that starts AFTER the sun comes up. :) I was in such a good mood that I decided to take my morning slowly and enjoy every minute of it. I got into the shower and didn't feel the need to rush. I had TLC playing in the background and occasionally I would peek around the corner to see what new home improvement tip they were offering. I piddled in my closet choosing a springy dress that hasn't been out since last summer. I laid it carefully on my bed and picked out the appropriate black pumps, silver bangles and thick black belt (to hide all the squishiness).  Then I got to work on my hair. Living in Houston doesn't necessarily agree with my hair; therefore, it is a daily battle to beat the frizzy waves of humidity warfare. But, I take on the challenge.  After getting dressed and feeling quite proud of my little outfit, I made sure my bed was neatly made and went into the kitchen to make myself a latte. Yes, I am spoiled. I enjoy a latte with chocolate flavoring and froth topped with caramel. :) It's worth the time to make it and the excessive cleanup. Purse over the shoulder, bible in hand and mug full of my very best, I was off to church on this gorgeous Sunday morning. Birds were chirping, a slight breeze whipped my dress and I was excited to be wearing sunglasses. I was looking forward to church and  would be 15 minutes early for longer than normal chatting. :)

I walked into the building and saw Mark preaching on the TV... this confused me a bit, but I was still prepared to walk in. For some reason I thought maybe it was still class time. Then, Matt offered to get me communion. And then I stared at him. What was going on? That's when he informed me of the time change. Come on people! This kind of thing doesn't happen to me. I am Ms. Responsible.  It was on my calender. My phone SHOULD have switched over. How could I forget? 

I caught the last bit of Mark's sermon and hugged my family. And, after wearing my little outfit for a total of 30 minutes, I came back home to change and make some lunch.  The day is still beautiful and I guess it's better than being late for work on Monday. Surely God forgives the occasional forgetful moment. Principals, however, do not. 

1 comment:

Michelle said...

i love the new layout. and you!